vitamin A facial serum
Potent Multi-peptide Serum | Activate RAR Receptor
Vitamin A is known as a skin superhero with effects on stimulating the production of new skin cells, collagen, elastin, hyaluronic acid as well as repairing damaged DNA. It’s activity is directed to the nucleus (command centre) of the cell where it binds to specific receptors regulating cell function. Vitamin A (retinoids) commonly known by the name of ‘retinol’. The most active form of retinoid is retinoic acid which is available only on prescription and is used for anti-ageing, photodamage as well as pigment issues like melasma. Retinal is the closest derivative to the prescription only form and ironically, it is less irritating to the skin than Retinol. Retinol in the skin is converted to Retinal which is converted to Retinoic Acid. Though the concentration in serums decreases from Retinol – Retinal – Retinoic Acid but potency increases logarithmically.
Studies show that regular use of retinol/retinal is superior in the long term to retinoic acid for collagen stimulation.
Tips & Suggestions:
- Use in low quantities in the early stages of treatment while skin builds tolerance; persist through it. RetinAl (as opposed to RetinOl) is less irritating to the skin and most individuals with sensitive skin can easily tolerate it.
- Strengthens damaged skin barrier in individuals with “sensitized skin”; initial acute inflammatory stage to be passed by consistent use. “Sensitised Skin” = chronic inflammation. Inducing acute inflammation is ironically the treatment process to repair chronic inflammation of the skin which usually could’ve been triggered by irritants such as makeup, moisturisers or even acne (or products to treat) in earlier years. Use L-ascorbic acid (vitamin c serum) in the daytime for decreasing side effects such as redness and rarely hyper-pigmentation.
- Protect the skin from prolonged direct sun exposure in the initial stages; use SPF as required
0.1% Retinal (retinaldehyde)
- Carnitine (L)
- Multiple skin calming agents & moisturising agents
Ingredients (total 30)
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Cyclodextrin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Gluconolactone, Carnitine (L), Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Retinal (Retinaldehyde), Phenylethyl Resorcinol, Bisabolol (L-alpha), Porphyra Umbilicalis (Red Algae) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (D-alpha), Rubus Chamaemorus (Cloud Berry) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Michelia Alba (Magnolia) Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil*, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Sodium Lactate, Lecithin, Alcohol, Pentylene Glycol, Maltodextrin, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate
Directions of use:
Dispense 2-4 pumps of serum on your palm and massage evenly over the entire face. Don’t forget the important skin around the upper and lower eyelids but avoid contact in the eye.
- Mild dryness, redness and/or irritation / flaking may occur for 4-6 weeks.
- Discontinue if above symptoms persist. Do not ingest.
- Do not use on damaged or broken skin.
- Recommended only for external use.
- Avoid contact with your eyes.
- Keep it out of the reach of children.
- Use sun protection (SPF 30+) while using retinoids.
Get Beauty & Skincare Advice by Our Skin Experts
Need help choosing the right products and how to use them for the best results? Talk to one of our skin specialist today and get a custom plan tailored to your skin.Get advice
Prevent Premature Ageing With Protect
Sunlight is responsible for premature ageing of the skin. Choose ‘Protect’ with SPF to protect your skin from the harmful UVA/UVB sun rays and maintain youthful skin.View Products
CRES Potent Combo of Effective Formulations
Do you want to achieve smooth, radiant and rejuvenated skin? Try powerful CRES Combo that comprises potent skin rejuvenating formulations to give you beautiful skin.View Products