Acne: pimples | blemishes | zits | marks | cysts | scars
Acne is the most common chronic skin disease, which causes lesions, spots and oily skin primarily on the face, chest and back due to infected skin pores. It especially affects adolescents, but it is not age-specific. Acne vulgaris is the medical term for common acne.
Acne isn’t caused by bad hygiene or diet related problems, as is widely believed. It can also be genetic.
It is caused by hormonal stimulation in both men and women, such as testosterone, which increases sebum production from the sebaceous glands present in the tiny hair follicles, making skin greasy and form spots.
However, if the pathway to the skins surface is blocked, the pore becomes infected and inflamed, which results in a red, swollen, pus-filled bump.
However, it does not necessarily mean that a person has excessively high levels of testosterone. Women may also have acne during their menstrual cycle and pregnancy due to hormonal imbalance.
Acne can be determined by examining spots, pimples, blackheads or nodules. The doctor suggests the prescription, depending on the intensity of the symptoms.
Acne is more than simply the appearance of a pimple – it has several signs and symptoms, such as:
- Crusting of skin bumps
- Papules/red, bumpy skin
- Redness around the skin eruptions
- Scarring of the skin
The areas where acne develops on your skin are:
- Face – facial acne affects every patient.
- Back – Almost 50% acne patients experience acne on the back.
- Chest – one in 6 acne patients experience rare chest acne.
Types of Acne
There are two different types of acne:
Non-Inflamed Acne – this consists of microcomedones, blackheads, milia and skin bumpiness. It doesn’t cause redness or pain but may lead to inflamed acne if left untreated.
Inflamed Acne – causes redness, swelling, and inflammation with microcomedones, blackheads, and milia, along with papules and pustules. The appearance of nodules and cysts is also possible. Its intensity varies, with cystic acne being its most severe form.
Acne-Related Conditions – Pigmentation And Scarring
Acne patients may experience some sort of pigmentation, discolouration and scarring. Other related conditions may include discolouration and the appearance of reddened spots that often persist after the healing of the breakout.
Acne Treatment Services Available At CosMedocs
It’s never a good idea to leave acne untreated for long. CosMedocs’ Skin Therapists offer a powerful medical acne treatment regimen based on each skin type specifications. At CosMedocs, we offer the following treatment options:
Several skin peels are available for various skin care treatment purposes. Some are specific for acne treatment and produce effective outcomes with a downtime of zero to a few days.
- Comedo extractions: these peels are used for acne treatment and consist of gently coaxing plugs of sebum and cellular debris from the pore to remove blackheads, milia and soft closed comedones.
- Light chemical peels: instead of peeling, light chemical peels exfoliate the skin using an alpha-hydroxy, beta-hydroxy, glycolic acids or TCAs and cure acne by removing dead skin cells, while cleansing skin pores from debris.
- Glycolic Peels: This acne treatment worksby lessening comedos, restoration of the outflow from the tip of follicles, and the removal of anaerobic content to stop acne from reproducing.
- Lactic Acid, Salicylic Acid & Resourcinol / Jessner’s Peel: This combination of medium depth skin peels are more effective than both glycolic or salicylic acid peels.
This acne treatment procedure involves a device that is used to emit super-fine crystals over the skin’s surface to sweep the dead skin cells. Microdermabrasion best suits patients of non-inflamed acne.
This acne treatment works by killing acne-causing bacteria, reducing inflammation, and shrinking the sebaceous glands by using the treatments available, including blue light, red light and photodynamic therapy.
This is used to treat cysts by using injections to reduce inflammation, as well as the chance of scarring and to catalyse the healing process of lesion.
Get Rid Of Acne – Appoint Us For Your Acne Treatment
Our acne treatment services are available at all of our clinics in the UK (Harley Street, Portsmouth, Birmingham, Derby and Nottingham) and Dubai. Contact us now for an appointment and let our expert dermatology team to take care of your acne problem by using the most suited method for your skin.
In the case of severe acne, systemic acne treatment can be done as an alternative to other procedures. These are prescription-only medicines that can be taken orally or by injection in conjunction with topical treatments, such as:
- Oral antibiotics – erythromycin, tetracycline, minocycline, and doxycycline.
- Hormonal treatments – birth control pills, spironolactone, isotretinoin – which are available under the brand names of Amnesteem, Claravis, Sotret (formerly Accutane).
- Price on Consultation
I’ve done Botox with CosMedocs and was impressed with their service and professionalism. Not to mention affordable prices. I was Botox virgin and had my reservations at first, but doctor’s advice made them all go away. And I’m really happy with the results.” – NC
I had a botox treatment with cosmodocs. I found the price very reasonable. Even better the results were excellent. I will definitely use this service again.” – BH
I am a very satisfied customer of Cosmedocs – I’ve had three facial areas treated with Anti-Wrinkle Injection at CosmeDocs in recent years, and find the treatment swift, thorough and effective. Also, Dr Haq’s pleasant and friendly manner makes the treatment as painless as possible!” – CFSP
-See more products