What Is a Chemical Peel?
Chemical Peel London offers you an ideal non-invasive solution for resurfacing and regenerating your skin. This treatment is highly effective in addressing various skin complaints such as fine lines, wrinkles, pigmentation issues, acne, and dull skin.
With a gentle exfoliation of the outermost layer of skin cells, our process reveals a fresher and revitalized complexion.
After your treatment, you’ll be delighted to see smoother and more youthful-looking skin. Our chemical peel helps reduce the signs of ageing, leaving you with renewed confidence in your appearance.
An All Rounder in Skincare
Chemical peels are the most popular skin transforming cosmetic treatment offered today.
Skin peels are versatile and can be tailored to meet specific skin concerns and needs.
From mild peels for subtle improvements to deeper peels for more dramatic skin rejuvenation experience, there is a peel suitable for everyone.
Skin Concerns Corrected by Chemical Peel
- Ageing skin (age spots, fine lines and wrinkles)
- Photo-damage (Sun damage and sun spots)
- Acne and acne marks
- Mild acne scarring
- Enlarged pores
- Rough skin texture
- Dull complexion or uneven skin tone
- Melasma & hyperpigmentation
Chemical Peel London Benefits
- Encourages collagen and elastin production
- Boosts the efficiency of your skincare products
- Keeps fine lines & wrinkles at bay
- Remarkably reduced blemishes
- Visibly improved ageing signs
- Skin’s tone & texture looks even
- Improves years of sun damage
- A great fresh start for anyone with any skin type
How Does a Chemical Peels Work?
During your in-depth skin consultation with one of our skilled skincare experts, your skin health as well as skin conditions will be thoroughly analysed to assess your expectations. Following this, we will cleanse and disinfect your skin to ensure a clean and healthy surface.
Next, a specially formulated chemical skin peel solution will be applied to the outermost layer of your skin, known as the epidermis. This solution is tailored to meet your specific needs and goals, promoting skin rejuvenation and improvement.
As a natural part of the process, you may notice the formation of small scabs over the treated areas (peeling process). These scabs will gradually fall off within a few days, revealing new skin underneath that looks fresh, radiant and irresistibly smooth.
During the healing phase, your skin begins to develop new cells, resulting in a taut, blemish-free complexion that illuminates a youthful glow. Our aim is to help you achieve healthier, more vibrant skin that you can feel confident in.
Types Of Chemical Peels
CosmeDocs is proud to present the biggest range of chemical peel London in its Harley Street clinic, depending on your skin’s ranking on Fitzpatrick skin type scale
Chemical peels for the face involves light exfoliation of the outer layers of dead, dull skin, revealing a smoother, more glowing complexion and reducing uneven visible pigmentation.
- Salicylic Acid Peels (salicylic acid exfoliates dead skin cells, banishes acne, acne scars, blemishes and unclogs large pores especially in an oily skin)
- Glycolic Acid Peels (Treats and resurfaces skin discolouration, dry & tired looking skin)
- Lactic Acid Peel (It is an ideal chemical exfoliation for a skin suffering from post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, fades away look of fine lines and wrinkles, age spots and dullness)
Medium Depth Peels
A medium chemical peel London is more intense than a superficial peel but is a milder peel relatively to phenol ones. It penetrates all five layers of the epidermis and the top layer of the dermis.
- Trichloroacetic Acid Peel (TCA peels treat severe skin conditions such as mild acne scars, sun damage, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks)
- Jessner’s Peel (a combination of lactic acid, salicylic acid, and resorcinol) addresses hyperpigmentation, patchy skin colour, while boosting collagen.
- The Perfect Peel is designed to address various imperfections of the skin through a powerful combination of Glutathione, super acids, and vitamins. Patients dealing with signs of ageing and oxidative stress on their skin can greatly benefit from perfect peel.
Deep Chemical Peels
Deep chemical skin peels are the most powerful, affecting the skin’s deepest layers. A deep peel penetrates to treat deeper creases, scars, sun damage and precancerous skin spots.
- Phenol Peels provide the most dramatic results and skin rejuvenation thanks to its penetration power to deeper skin layers.
These skin peels chemical solution can not only reverse deep & challenging signs of ageing but also provide smoother, brighter skin that can last up to 10 years.
Signature Peel To Reveal
CosmeDocs Harley Street London proudly introduces An ‘Advanced Generation of Fusion Skin Peel Treatment’, Peel to Reveal is ‘all-in-1’ chemexfoliation experience.
Peel to Reveal has been exclusively formulated by our renowned experts at Harley Street Formulations. It is designed to provide you with an all-in-one solution for achieving radiant and rejuvenated skin.
With the revolutionary Peel to Reveal, you can expect a range of remarkable benefits, including:
Our carefully crafted formula effectively removes dead skin cells, corrects sun damaged skin to unveil a fresh and vibrant complexion.
Improved skin texture:
Say goodbye to rough and uneven skin texture as chemical peel London works to refine and smoothen your facial skin surface.
This advanced treatment targets and minimizes the appearance of pigmentation, helping you achieve a more even skin tone.
Minimises Large Pores:
Patients especially with an oily skin can greatly benefit from the Signature Peel To Reveal treatment for refined pores and complexion
Diminished fine lines and wrinkles:
Peel to Reveal promotes collagen production, aiding in the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles for a youthful appearance.
Boosted skin hydration:
Our unique formulation includes moisturizing agents that deeply nourish and hydrate your skin, leaving it plump and supple.
Peel to Reveal contains:
- A cocktail of antioxidants
- Widest range of AHAs & BHAs
- Blend of natural fruit extracts & skin brighteners including kojic acid
- Master antioxidant Glutathione
Chemical Peel Treatment
Book in for an honest and friendly consultation
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Is A Chemical Peel UK?
At CosmeDocs Harley Street London, the skin experts will carry out an in-depth and valuable consultation with you. Only after a complete examination of your facial skin, skin type and understanding of your aesthetic goals, the skin expert will advise you which chemical peel solution will suit you the best.
The chemical peel cost at CosmeDocs starts from as low as £75 depending on:
- The type of chemical face peel used for your treatment
- The number of skin peels you will be needing based on your skin condition.
Are Chemical Peels Safe?
Absolutely! Chemical peels London at CosmeDocs have been thoroughly tested on all skin types as well as skin tones. Moreover, we have practitioners with years of experience and vast knowledge in skin science who will be carrying out the procedure.
Every caution and care is ensured before, during and after the treatment as your safety is our priority. Although very rare, in case of any complications, contact our experts for further medical help.
Are There Any Chemical Peel Side Effects?
It is important to know that the deeper the chemical skin peels, the more risks there are and the longer it takes to recover.
Moreover, most superficial peels are safe and efficient, however, medium and deep skin peels require greater knowledge and more experience on the practitioner’s part.
We also advise you to follow the pre-and post-peel instructions of your doctor thoroughly.
Some of the most common side effects after your chemical face peel are:
- Slight discomfort, lasting for only a few hours
- Skin redness, that usually lasts for a few days to up to a month depending upon the depth of the skin peel used
- Mild swelling that may last for 3 days, however, this usually happens with deep chemical face peels
- Patients may also experience slight itchiness after the treatment
- Allergic reactions, however, some peels, such as the Jessner peel, have a higher sensitivity risk. If you have a known allergy, you may use antihistamines before or after the procedure.
- Hyperpigmentation: Patients may notice dark patches over the chemical peel treatment areas, especially as a result of deep skin peel. This reaction is usually temporary, however, in case it does not go away on its own then a brightening treatment may be needed.
- Hypopigmentation: Patients may also see loss of pigment over the treated areas, especially those with dark skin types. Experts at CosmeDocs advise to see your practitioner if the condition persists.
Do Chemical Peels Hurt?
Chemical peels may sting a little. However, they are not unbearably painful. Moreover, Cosmexperts ensure to minimize your discomfort as much as possible by using gentle peeling solutions. There may be some redness, itching, or flaking following the treatment, but these will subside soon.
Which Chemical Peel Is Best For Acne & Acne Scars?
According to a study, some of the most effective chemical peels for acne and acne scarring are salicylic acid (SA), Jessner’s solution (JS), trichloroacetic acid (TCA), and glycolic acid (GA). Moreover, lactic acid, as well as a combination of salicylic acid-mandelic acid (SM) has shown to help manage acne conditions.
CosmeDocs is also offering chemical peel for acne scars such as, Peel to Reveal. This chemexfoliation solution lactic acid, salicylic acid and TCA along with:
- Kojic acid
- Azaelic acids
- Soybean, pineapple, papaya, licorice and bearberry
The results are not only visible especially for mild acne scarring but also does not pose any risk since most of the active ingredients used have a good safety profile.
How Often Can I Do a Chemical Peel?
Depending on the type of chemical face peel, you may undertake this non-surgical skin resurfacing treatment once or even twice a month. However, it is best to seek guidance from a dermatologist in this matter especially in case you need deeper chemical peels.
How Soon After A Chemical Peel Can I Use Retinol?
Retinol and Retinoic acid reduce wrinkles and are also excellent anti aging skin treatments. Nevertheless, Cosmexperts advise to avoid using your retinoids a week before your chemical face treatment to avoid any adverse reaction or complication. Moreover, your skin is in the middle of the healing process after an intense chemical peel.
Therefore, we advise you to stay away from retinoids, AHAs/BHAs, and other chemical exfoliants for at least 7 to 10 days post peel. This is to avoid any possible disruption in the healing process.
Can I wear makeup after a skin peel?
Using makeup after undergoing resurfacing and peels carries certain risks, such as the possibility of infection, changes in pigmentation, scarring, and even prolonging the healing process.
Therefore, the decision to apply makeup should be based on the intensity of the chemical peel you have undergone at any given time.
You need to allow a minimum of 24 hours after a gentle chemical peel before applying any makeup or other beauty products. This waiting period is crucial to ensure your skin has ample time to recover and heal.
Depending on the intensity of the peel, the recovery time may vary. For mild peels, it generally takes around three to five days, while deep peel might require up to two weeks.
We believe it’s important to be aware of these potential risks to ensure the best possible results for your skin.
What to Do Before & After a Chemical Peel?
Before Chemical Peel London
- Cosmexperts advise to avoid tanning beds and tanning lamps at least two weeks before each treatment. Also limit too much sun exposure.
- Before your chemical peel treatment, we advise you to avoid retinoid (tretinoin) a week or two weeks prior. It is best to consult your doctor too.
- To avoid any complications, we advise that men must not shave on the day of the chemical face peel.
- Avoid using hair removal procedures such as electrolysis or depilatory creams a week before the peel.
- Make sure you drink enough water, especially on the day of your procedure.
After Chemical Peel London
- Do not skip sunscreen of at least an SPF of 30 whenever you go outdoors
- Avoid peeling or picking the small scabs or flaking skin, which can otherwise cause scarring.
- Do not wear makeup for at least 24 hours after the procedure especially after a medium or deep peel.
- After the treatment, avoid going swimming for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid hot tubs, saunas, or steam baths until your skin has healed.
- After your chemical peel procedure, avoid seeking any major facial treatments for at least 2 weeks.
Moreover, we do advise to use a Vitamin B5 serum on the treated area for a few days after your procedure.
Can I combine a chemical peel with other treatments?
Absolutely. Apart from a simple yet solid daily skincare regime, CosmExperts recommend getting two popular in-office exfoliation procedures that can be combined into one session: Dermaplaning and chemical peels.
To begin with, a dermaplaning procedure gently removes fine hair and dead skin cells from the surface of your skin. This process not only leaves your skin feeling smoother but also enhances its texture, creating the ideal canvas for a chemical peel.
By eliminating any barriers, dermaplaning maximises the effectiveness of the chemical peel treatment for a healthy skin with bright skin tone and smoother skin texture.
However, it is important to note that the optimal approach may vary depending on each patient’s unique preferences and skin types. While some may benefit from undergoing both procedures during a single visit, others may find better results with just one of them.
Since everyone’s skin is unique, and that is why we encourage you to schedule an in-person consultation with one of our skilled skincare specialists.
Personalised Skin Solutions
During this consultation, our experts will thoroughly assess your skin and discuss your specific goals and concerns. Based on their professional evaluation, they will determine whether it would be most suitable for you to combine these exfoliating treatments or to opt for just one of them. Our primary objective is to ensure that you receive the most effective and personalised skincare solution for your complexion.
CosmeDocs is a renowned name in the industry of cosmetics. Our clinic located in Harley Street (London) is well equipped and modern practices. CosmeDocs are also well-known trainers to physicians from around the globe.