What Is A Chemical Peel?
A chemical skin peel is a non-surgical skin resurfacing and regeneration treatment.
The aim is to reveal younger, smoother, and shinier skin by boosting fresh cell growth and collagen formation.
An All Rounder In Skincare
Chemical peels are the most popular skin transforming procedure offered today.
Thus, providing patients with a remarkable skin confidence to men & women of all ages & skin types.
Skin Concerns Corrected By Chemical Peel
- Ageing fine lines & wrinkles
- Photo-damage (Sun damage)
- Acne & acne marks
- Mild scarring
- Rough skin texture
- Dull complexion or uneven skin tone
- Melasma & hyperpigmentation
Chemical Peel Benefits
- Encourages collagen & elastin production
- Boosts the efficiency of your skincare products
- Keeps fine lines & wrinkles at bay
- Remarkably reduced blemishes
- Visibly improved ageing signs
- Skin’s tone & texture looks even
- A great fresh start for anyone with any skin type
How Does A Chemical Peel Work?
A chemical peel solution is applied to the outermost layer of the skin called epidermis.
As a result, small scabs are formed over the treated areas of the skin that gradually fall off in a few days.
The skin begins to heal, with the growth of fresh new cells leading to the formation of a skin layer that is taut, blemish free with a youthful glow.
Types Of Chemical Peels
CosmeDocs is proud to present the biggest range of chemical face peels in its clinics throughout the UK such as, London, Portsmouth, Derby, Nottingham.
Superficial Chemical Peels
Chemical peels for the face remove the top layer of skin, revealing a smoother, more glowing complexion and reducing uneven visible pigmentation.
- Salicylic Acid Peels (banishes acne, acne scars, blemishes & unclogs pores)
- Glycolic Acid Peels (Treats & resurfaces dull, dry & tired looking skin)
- Lactic Acid Peel (effective chemical peel for hyperpigmentation, fades away look of wrinkles & dullness)
Medium Depth Chemical Peels
A medium chemical peel is more intense than a superficial peel. It penetrates all five layers of the epidermis and the top layer of the dermis.
- Trichloroacetic Acid Peel (treats severe skin conditions such as mild acne scars, sun damage, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks)
- Jessner’s Peel (a combination of lactic acid, salicylic acid, and resorcinol) addresses hyperpigmentation, patchy skin tone, while boosting collagen.
- The Perfect Peel corrects skin’s imperfections with a blend of Glutathione, superacids & vitamins, fights oxidative stressed skin & fights off ageing signs.
Deep Chemical Peels
Deep chemical peels are the most powerful, affecting the skin’s deepest layers. Deeper creases, scars, and precancerous skin spots are best treated with this peel.
- Phenol Peels provide the most dramatic results thanks to penetration power to deeper skin layers.
These peels can not only reverse deep & challenging signs of ageing but also provide smoother, brighter skin that can last up to 10 years.
Signature Peel To Reveal
An ‘Advanced Generation of Fusion Skin Peel Treatment’, Peel to Reveal is ‘all-in-1’ chemexfoliation experience. Exclusively formulated by Harley Street Formulations, Peel to Reveal contains:
- A cocktail of antioxidants
- Widest range of AHAs & BHAs
- Blend of natural fruit extracts & skin brighteners
- Master antioxidant Glutathione
Chemical Peel Treatment
Book in for an honest and friendly consultation
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Is A Chemical Peel UK?
At CosmeDocs, the skin experts will carry out an in-depth and valuable consultation with you. Only after a complete examination of your skin and understanding of your skin goals, the dermatologist will advise you which peel will suit you the best.
The chemical peel cost at CosmeDocs starts from as low as £75 depending on:
- The type of chemical face peel used for your treatment
- The number of chemical peel treatments you will be needing based on your skin condition.
Are Chemical Peels Safe?
Absolutely! Chemical peels at CosmeDocs have been thoroughly tested on all skin types as well as skin tones. Moreover, we have practitioners with years of experience and vast knowledge in skin science who will be carrying out the procedure.
Every caution and care is ensured before, during and after the treatment as your safety is our priority. Although very rare, in case of any complications, contact our experts for further medical help.
Are There Any Chemical Peel Side Effects?
It is important to know that the deeper the peel, the more risks there are and the longer it takes to recover.
Moreover, most superficial peels are safe and efficient, however, medium and deep peels require greater knowledge and more experience on the practitioner’s part.
We also advise you to follow the pre-and post-peel instructions of your doctor thoroughly.
Some of the most common side effects after your chemical face peel are:
- Slight discomfort, lasting for only a few hours
- Skin redness, that usually lasts for a few days to up to a month depending upon the depth of the skin peel used
- Mild swelling that may last for 3 days, however, this usually happens with deep chemical face peels
- Patients may also experience slight itchiness after the treatment
- Allergic reactions, however, some peels, such as the Jessner peel, have a higher sensitivity risk. If you have a known allergy, you may use antihistamines before or after the procedure.
- Hyperpigmentation: Patients may notice dark patches over the chemical peel treatment areas, especially as a result of deep skin peel. This reaction is usually temporary, however, in case it does not go away on its own then a brightening treatment may be needed.
- Hypopigmentation: Patients may also see loss of pigment over the treated areas, especially those with dark skin types. Experts at CosmeDocs advise to see your practitioner if the condition persists.
Do Chemical Peels Hurt?
Chemical peels may sting a little. However, they are not unbearably painful. Moreover, Cosmexperts ensure to minimize your discomfort as much as possible by using gentle peeling solutions. There may be some redness, itching, or flaking following the treatment, but these will subside soon.
How Often Can I Do A Chemical Peel?
Depending on the type of chemical face peel, you may undertake this non-surgical skin resurfacing treatment once or even twice a month. However, it is best to seek guidance from a dermatologist in this matter.
How Soon After A Chemical Peel Can I Use Retinol?
Cosmexperts advise to avoid using your retinoids a week before your chemical face treatment. Moreover, your skin is in the middle of the healing process after an intense chemical peel.
Therefore, we advise you to stay away from retinoids, AHAs/BHAs, and other chemical exfoliants for at least 7 to 10 days post peel. This is to avoid any possible disruption in the healing process.
What To Do Before & After a Chemical Peel?
Before Chemical Peel
- Cosmexperts advise to avoid tanning beds and tanning lamps at least two weeks before each treatment. Also limit too much sun exposure.
- Before your chemical peel treatment, we advise you to avoid retinoid (tretinoin) a week or two weeks prior. It is best to consult your doctor too.
- To avoid any complications, we advise that men must not shave on the day of the chemical face peel.
- Avoid using hair removal procedures such as electrolysis or depilatory creams a week before the peel.
- Make sure you drink enough water, especially on the day of your procedure.
After Chemical Peel
- Do not skip sunscreen of at least an SPF of 30 whenever you go outdoors
- Avoid peeling or picking the small scabs or flaking skin, which can otherwise cause scarring.
- Do not wear makeup for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
- After the treatment, avoid going swimming for at least 24 hours.
- Avoid hot tubs, saunas, or steam baths until your skin has healed.
- After your chemical peel procedure, avoid seeking any major facial treatments for at least 2 weeks.
Moreover, we do advise to use a Vitamin B5 serum on the treated area for a few days after your procedure.
Which Chemical Peel Is Best For Acne & Acne Scars?
According to a study, some of the most effective chemical peels for acne are salicylic acid (SA), Jessner’s solution (JS), trichloroacetic acid (TCA), and glycolic acid (GA). Moreover, lactic acid, as well as a combination of salicylic acid-mandelic acid (SM) has shown to help manage acne conditions.
CosmeDocs is also offering chemical peel for acne scars such as, Peel to Reveal. This chemexfoliation solution lactic acid, salicylic acid and TCA along with:
- Kojic acid
- Azaelic acids
- Soybean, pineapple, papaya, licorice and bearberry
The results are not only visible but also do not pose any risk since most of the active ingredients used are naturally occurring.
CosmeDocs is a renowned name in the industry of cosmetics. Our clinic located in Harley Street (London) is well equipped and modern practices. CosmeDocs are also well-known trainers to physicians from around the globe.