Obagi Professional C Serum
20% L-ascorbic Acid
Obagi professional C is a popular L-ascorbic acid serum. At 20% this is a high concentration of l-ascorbic acid. Well formulated with a mixture of glycol and hyaluronic acid this serum is just the perfect concentration to allow for drops to settle on the fingertip for application leaving the skin neither too shiny nor dry. It is slightly more on the acidic side stinging a bit initially. Though there are stronger antioxidant serums (eg Revitalise C20) this one has a unique addictive smell.
Obagi Medical is renowned for its prescription skincare products. We select a few products from their range we like the best to keep in our clinic (prescription ones) and in our online shop. We provide all other Obagi products including a prescription for our existing clients & patients.
20% L-ascorbic acid
Ingredients (total 16)
Propylene glycol, aqua, ascorbic acid, alcohol denat, ascorbyl glucoside, ethoxydgycol, phenoxyethanol, sodium hyaluronate, sorbitol, calcium hydroxide, zinc chloride, parfum, amyl cinnamal, benzyl benzoate, hexyl cinnamal, limonene
Benefits of L-ascorbic acid (most active form of vitamin c) are well described:
- Free Radical Neutralising (Antioxidant neutralises Oxidants) thereby reducing damage to skin structures (collagen, elastin, hyaluronic acid etc)
- Collagen synthesis
- Enhances sun protection
- This professional serum is suitable for all skin types – Best suited for Normal to Oily skin.
Fingertip application of five to eight drops of Obagi Professional-C Serum to the face, neck and chest. Use on cleansed skin in the morning before sunscreen and makeup application.
Tips & Suggestions
- Use in combination with Stimulate RA (retinal .1%) or Renewal cream in the evening for completion of Vitamin C and A regime boosting even skin radiance and smooth surface texture.
- If improving sensitive “sensitised skin” then consider Revitalise C20.
- In the morning apply SPF to increase sun protection; only if going to be outside.
- If you are already on Vitamin C and A Retinol and want to make your regime more potent then add on 2 drops of Stimulate MP (multi-peptide serum)
- For external use only
- Discontinue use if persisting redness or irritation (after 7-10 days).
- Initially l-ascorbic acid stings and irritates a little as well as causing mild dryness.
- Avoid contact with eyes
- Keep out of reach of children.
α Hydroxy-Acids Gel£ 45.00
Multi-Peptide Serum£ 125.00
α Hydroxy-Acids Gel£ 40.00
vitamin A facial serum
α Hydroxy-Acid Foam Wash£ 25.00
Complete Your Regimen - Get 15% Discount
Choose a Cleanse, Revitalise, Exfoliate & Stimulate
Get Beauty & Skincare Advice by Our Skin Experts
Need help choosing the right products and how to use them for the best results? Talk to one of our skin specialist today and get a custom plan tailored to your skin.Get advice
Prevent Premature Ageing With Protect
Sunlight is responsible for premature ageing of the skin. Choose ‘Protect’ with SPF to protect your skin from the harmful UVA/UVB sun rays and maintain youthful skin.View Products
CRES Potent Combo of Effective Formulations
Do you want to achieve smooth, radiant and rejuvenated skin? Try powerful CRES Combo that comprises potent skin rejuvenating formulations to give you beautiful skin.View Products